About The Battle of the Bands 2019
Touchdowns and Tunes is looking for an energetic and rising band to headline the Tailgate Stage at Touchdowns and Tunes Tailgate Party 2019. The band could be you!! By entering one of the Battle of the Bands competitions, you may have the chance at taking that top spot.
Check out the BOTB Rules and Regulations to see if your band fits the bill, fill out an application, and you will be contacted by the TNT team with further instructions. If you win the semi-final competition, it’s full steam ahead to the finals on April 20th. The winner of the finals will close out the Tailgate Stage on September 7, 2019. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
PLEASE NOTE: You must read the complete rules prior to applying below.
- There is no registration charge for any band or performer.
- Band can compete in any of the following dates and times. Location/Dates/Times 1. Cadillac’s Martin, TN, April 10, 2019/ 7:00PM 2. Tap216, Murray, KY, April 18, 2019/ 7:00PM 3. The Hanger 9, Carbondale, IL, April 25, 2019 / 7:00PM.
- Bands must submit an EPK (Electronic Press Kit),and/or links to all socials (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube Channel), and a stage plot with application.
- There is no limit to the number of bands who wish to apply for the competition and all submitted EPK’s and social media links will be fairly appraised for shortlisting.
- There are limited spots. Submitted application does NOT guarantee a spot in the semi-final competitions.
- Bands within the genres of Southern Rock, Country, Bluegrass, Folk/Americana are encouraged to apply.
- Deadline for band submissions is based on location. You will be notified a minimum of 3 weeks prior to show date by the contact information submitted in the application.
- Qualifying bands can have up to and no more than 6 members.
- Each band’s set must be at least 15 minutes in length, but no more than 30 minutes total. (If after your band has agreed to play their set modelled after the criteria explained above and fail to provide the required amount of material listed, this infraction will result in penalty when being considered as a finalist.)
- All competing bands are strongly encouraged to partake in ticket sales promotions for the advantage of crowd applause, which will be one of the criteria for which judging is based.
- Judging will be based on the following criteria: crowd applause, crowd engagement, crowd draw, stage presence, performed material, and professionalism.
- Finalists from each regional semifinal will be required to perform a 30 min. set at the Touchdowns and Tunes Battle of the Bands Finals on July 13, 2019 at Blooms & Gardens in Paducah, KY.
- The winner of the Touchdowns and Tunes Battle of the Bands Finals will headline the Tailgate Stage at Touchdowns and Tunes Tailgate Party 2019 on September 7, 2019 in Paducah KY. After performance, the band’s point of contact listed on the application will receive the prize winnings of $1,000.00 check from Touchdowns and Tunes.
- All entrants must be able to guarantee that they will be able to perform at Touchdowns and Tunes Tailgate Party, Paducah, KY, September 7, 2019 in its entirety with the same person/s and instruments that competed at the aforementioned Battle of the Bands events.
- To ensure fairness and equality; There will be no effects provided by Touchdowns and Tunes or the hosting venue, whether sound or visual. All performers will use the same stage with the same lighting state and same sound equipment. There will be no reverb supplied.
- Bands must bring their own equipment (guitars, amps, keyboards, etc). Microphones, bass rig, and drum set will be provided. All drummers, please bring snare and brass.
- All band members must sign a photo/video/voice release form.
- All band members must show up at designated location and venue for registrations and line check 2 hours prior to doors. An email will go out to all performers the week of your selected event as a reminder and will contain last minute updates/details.
- Any distasteful behavior and/or damage to any hosting venue and/or provided equipment will result in an automatic disqualification at the hands of management and judges. NO exceptions.
- Touchdowns and Tunes LLC reserves the right to disqualify and/or remove any participating personnel at any time they deem necessary for any and all actions conducted in a manner or way unfavorable to the Touchdowns and Tunes brand or event.